HOW IT ALL STARTED
The first school in the area,
West End School, was a wood frame
schoolhouse constructed in 1871 and
later moved to
where it was expanded to three
rooms. In 1902, the wooden West End School was
replaced by a brick schoolhouse.
In 1910, the school became part of Birmingham's public school
system when West End
was annexed in the
legislation that took effect.